How to Repair Your Xbox 360 E68 Error Quickly
E68. System Error. Contact Xbox Customer Support. If you see that message above on a black screen, along with the lower-right quadrant of the “Ring of Light” on the front of your console flashing red, it means you are facing the Xbox 360 E68.
E68, also known as Error 68, is quite common. Some gamers sometimes find it occur upon booting up, with about 4 different languages popped up. It means that Xbox 360 has insufficient power to function properly. It may happen due to a hardware failure within the Xbox hard drive, or you have unnecessary accessories attached to the console.
To repair this error, take these steps:
1. Switch off your Xbox 360.
2. Switch it back on. If the code doesn’t recur, it may just be a random hardware fluke and you have nothing to worry about. Otherwise, do the next steps.
3. Switch off your Xbox 360 one more time.
4. Detach any unnecessary accessories.
5. Detach the hard disk drive. To do this, press the latch on the front of the hard drive caddy and lift it from the top of the console.
6. Reinstall the hard drive.
7. Switch on your Xbox 360.
8. If you deal with the same problem all over again, get the automatic latest update from Xbox Live. To do this, switch off the console, detach the hard disk drive, and then-using an Ethernet cable-connect the console to the Internet. Other simple trick is by running a recent game (2007 or newer). It will immediately install the automatic update.
If you are still experiencing the same problem after trying to take all above steps, you have two options. First, send your Xbox 360 back to Microsoft. They will repair it in no less than 8 weeks for up to $200. Or, second, purchase a new hard disk drive. However, this can be quite expensive and you may lose your saved game files.